“How to write an essay” – is probably the most frequent question of any students. Some of them search an answer in the Internet and find hundreds and thousands of writing services. These services offer any help in writing, editing, and proofreading of your essay, as well as an article, research paper, theses, etc. Such assistance solves many problems and saves time, but it costs money – some companies charge more, others charge less. Thus, large companies with years of experience set a higher price; freelancers have a lower price. However, most important criteria are quality and reliability. Will it matter to you if you save $30, but your task will not be completed, and the performer will disappear? That is why, it is particularly important to know as much information about the chosen service as possible. For instance, how it treats its customers, whether it delivers the order on time or not, how it handles requests for modifications, etc. It is good to know people who used to order in the certain company, and they can guarantee its reliability and high quality. But, what should you do if you don’t know one?
In this case, you should read terms and conditions, contact the customer service, and check testimonials. The last is probably the most important one. Meanwhile, it is better to check independent sources, such as blogs, forums, and socials networks, for testimonials and reviews. You will get accurate information first hand. Also, you will have a chance to contact the author and ask clarifying questions about the company. All this information will help you to find the right writing service.
The difference between the narrative essay and other types of essays
Some students choose another answer to the question “How to write an essay” – they prefer to write it by themselves. Actually, this option gives more knowledge and experience in the chosen topic than the first option. However, there is a problem – most of the newbies don’t know how to write the essay. In order to help them, let’s review the common types of essays and their features.
The narrative, expository, argumentative (persuasive), analytical, definition, and descriptive papers are among the most popular types of essays. All of them have the similar structure, but they have their own characteristics. The first one – the narrative essay – tells some kind of a story. Its main idea is to draw an image in the reader’s head, so it uses more feelings and emotions than facts and statistics. In addition, it can be divided into two subtypes – a book report and a short story. Next, the expository essay is mostly based on strong evidence, such as official statistical data, reports, and other reliable information. The following two types of essays – the argumentative and analytical ones – are very similar to the previous paper. They also collect and analyze data, provide evidence, and prove the thesis statement. The definition essay is a specific type of paperwork that must give the interpretation of any chosen word. Thereby, it is important to choose the complex term with many meanings; it should give enough information for the entire paper. The last one – the descriptive essay – has the similar feature with the narrative essay and uses feelings, senses, and emotions. When you understand what type of work you write, it is time to make its outline. For example, let’s see how to make the outline of the narrative essay.
The outline of the narrative essay
Generally, all types of essays consist of three main elements: the introduction, body paragraphs, and the conclusion. The introduction presents your ideas. Body paragraphs prove them. The conclusion summarizes ideas and restates them. It seems pretty easy, but the majority of students makes similar mistakes that cause various problems. Check how you should write the appropriate introduction, body, and conclusion.
The introduction of the narrative essay
- The hook. The hook is an important part of any essay. It allows attracting reader’s attention. Generally, the hook is creative information that is not expected by the reader and is related to the topic. It can be the anecdote, quotation, rhetoric question, interesting fact, etc.
- The scene. As it was mentioned earlier, the purpose of the narrative essay is to tell the story and to draw a vivid imagine in the reader’s mind. So, you should set the scene in the introduction; you can describe the background of the story and introduce main characters.
- The thesis statement. This sentence describes all main ideas of your essay. As well as the hook, it attracts readers, but it also must keep their attention to the end of the paper. After people read the thesis statement, they should desire to read the entire essay. If they don’t, the thesis statement is incorrect.
The body of the narrative essay
- One idea per one paragraph. Don’t overload your reader with information, try to research only one in each paragraph. The rest information must prove its importance and provide evidence. In addition, ideas must be presented in clear and creative manner.
- Three to five paragraphs. Three to five paragraphs are optimal for the narrative essay. Less than three will not allow discovering the topic, and more than five will confuse the reader. However, exceptions may apply when you should use more or fewer paragraphs.
The conclusion of the narrative essay
Summarize your essay. Don’t rewrite your ideas and evidence in the conclusion. You should rephrase them and emphasize the fact that ideas were proven, and the goal was achieved. State ideas for further study. It is not enough to summarize ideas. You also must raise the issue of the importance of further research on the topic and give recommendations.
As one may note, the narrative essay outline is very similar to outlines of the rest types of essays. That is why, if you have experience in writing them, it will not be hard for you to make the outstanding narrative one.
Be pro in rhetorical analysis essay writing with next guideline from Snappy Essays.