The main purpose of a persuasive speech is to change the audience’s opinion and prove some point of view. Moreover, after people listen to this speech, they have to take certain actions, so it must have a call to action. It is very effective way to influence people’s opinions and can be used in various situations. Whether you want to change the immigration law, get votes in the election campaign, or raise money for homeless people, the persuasive speech will come in handy to achieve your goals.
Nevertheless, if you don’t have experience in this type of work, it can be hard for you to understand how to start persuasive speech and to write the successful speech from scratch. Because it requires the deep understanding of the topic, goal, audience, and psychology.
A manual on how to start a persuasive speech impressively
So, people who don’t have enough experience and time to figure out how to begin a persuasive speech prefer to use the professional help. Nowadays, hundreds and thousands of writing services offer such assistance in the Internet. Due to the high level of competition, many companies, such as our service, provide the high-quality work at the affordable price. However, the Internet is full of fraudsters, so you must be very careful and check the reputation and conditions. The best way to check the reputation of any service is to read reviews on social media websites and specialized forums. As for terms and conditions, you can find them on the company’s website. Pay attention to return and modification policies, customer support, pricing policy, timeframes, etc. It will help you to reduce risks and get an outstanding paper in the short term.
Meanwhile, it is not necessary to hire professional authors if you dedicate some time to learn how to open a persuasive speech. If you take some time to prepare and gather information, you will be able to compose a powerful article by yourself. In order to achieve this result, you have to learn the topic, know and understand your goals, explore your audience, choose the correct approach, and outline main ideas.
How to start a persuasive speech introduction
- The topic. The first step is to choose and research the topic. It is important to know all possible information about the chosen subject and be able to answer questions.
- Controversial arguments. Try to find and answer all controversial arguments. It will be more convincing to explore them in your speech and provide your explanation than wait for questions.
- Reliable sources. Your paper must be based on reliable sources, such as official reports, statistics, scientific articles, etc. Unknown and unreliable information will show your incompetence, you will lose the audience’s trust and respect.
- The goal. It is particularly important to have a clear goal and understand the purpose of your paper. It will help you to find the right arguments and evidence that help to prove your ideas.
- Stay focused. Don’t try to discover several different topics in one speech. For instance, if you are planning to discuss the immigration law, it will be a bad idea to raise a question of the pension reform.
- The audience. Try collect as much information as possible about your audience, including their knowledge, interests, and views about the subject. Use this information to educate, dispel doubts, and change their point of view.
Other factors to consider when writing a rersuasive speech
- The correct approach. When you know your topic, goal, and listeners, it is time to decide how you will convince the audience to accept your angel and make certain action. For this purpose, you can use three basic approaches.
- Ethos. This approach is based on morals or ethics.
- Pathos. This approach is based on emotions.
- Logos. You emphasize intellect and logic of your arguments.
- The outline. The final step is to highlight the main ideas that you will reveal in your paper. Based on this points, make an outline. It has to include the introduction, body, and conclusion.
- The introduction. It includes the strong opening and general overview of all ideas.
- The body. It includes all your ideas with supportive arguments and answers to counter-arguments.
- The conclusion. Use this paragraph to reinforce your ideas and call to action.
As you may see, this paper requires certain preparation, but if you manage to collect all these materials, it will be easy for you to write the successful persuasive essay or speech. In case, you don’t want to do it by yourself, there are some companies can write it for you. They have many years of experience and can help you to achieve your goal.
Learn how to write a persuasive speech on our next guide.